Monday 15 November 2010

Gone fishing... (well, painting!)

Its a gorgeous day in Cape Town - one of those still, perfect and and peaceful mornings where the sky is bright blue and the silence indicates the heat of the day ahead! Apparently we're expecting 33 degrees! Seems summer has arrived at last!

And I'm headed up the coast, beyond the well-known whale haven of Hermanus, to another fishing town - Arniston!

For a whole week, a group of the girls will be painting by day and nattering by night! From harbours and boats to houses and mountains, the natural scenery abounds and so too, I hope, will the art!

To the right is one of the plein air paintings I did on our last Arniston trip! So until I return, sending you all some of Cape Town's glorious sunshine and a dash of inspiration for me!

Arniston here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment